Our school history exhibition presents the history of the Nagyváthy Technical School in Keszthely, founded 75 years ago, and later renamed as the Vocational School.
At the Technical School, which was one of the most important educational institutions in Transdanubia, agricultural vocational training took place from 1945 onwards.
In our exhibition, we present the busy decades of the school with the help of original objects, photos and documents: many recordings captured study and sports competitions, events in the cultural life of the school, as well as former teachers and students.
The exhibition is also a commemoration of János Nagyváthy, who, as the agrarian governor of Count György Festetics, played a significant role in the establishment of the first higher agricultural institution in Europe, the Georgikon, in Keszthely.
The installations in the exhibition also provide interesting images of how students, and with what methods and tools were taught in a rural vocational school 50-60 years ago.