The Balatoni museum is waiting for volunteers who would like to take part in the everyday life of a cultural institution. Do you enjoy working with children and adults alike, do you want to capitalize on your foreign language skills, or are you interested in the behind-the-scenes of the museum? Join our volunteer team!
What do you benefit?
- museum environment
- professional internship opportunity
- Eligibility for employment replacement allowance (30 days of voluntary service in the public interest)
- useful spending of leisure time
- reception of visitors, transfer of information (room guard)
- participation in family and children’s programs, summer camps (museum educator assistant)
- participation in the conduct of events
- participation in archaeological excavations
- digitization, data entry, photography
- audience organization for our cultural programs
- handing out flyers
- guided tours
- other tasks of interest
General conditions for entering our volunteer positions
- knowledge of a foreign language is an advantage
- good communication skills
- good problem solving and conflict management skills
- openness, flexibility
Place of work
8360 Keszthely, Múzeum u. 2.
Tel .: +36 83 / 312-351
School Community Service
Apply for school community service at Balatoni Museum! We welcome students who are interested in museum work, our exhibitions, programs, scientific disciplines related to our collections – archeology, history, ethnography, geography, environmental protection, fine arts – or if you would like to participate in interactive public relations assignments.
You can support the team of the Balatoni Museum with the following activities
- Public relations tasks (room guard, exhibition guide, animator),
- Marketing activity (handing out flyers, participation in visitor research),
- Archaeological preparatory tasks,
- Data recording, digitization,
- Excavation assistant.
Would you like to spend 50 hours in the Balatoni Museum?
- You can gain an insight into the behind-the-scenes of the museum profession,
- You can get to know interesting professions (archaeologist, historian, ethnographer, museum educator, restorer, collection manager),
- You can gain knowledge and connections that you can use in your later studies,
- You can work in a youthful team,
- After 50 hours, you can still remain a member of the Team as a museum volunteer,
- You will gain work experience.
If you would like to participate in the program, please contact us!